Outdoor Range Rifle – Pistol Safety Rules
1. Hours: The range, accessible by Card Key, is open at the following times except for scheduled competitions and club events. Please check our Events Page for events and closures.
2. Eye & Ear Protection
- Monday – Saturday 9 AM to 8 PM or sunset - whichever is earlier.
- Sunday & Holidays - 10 AM to 8 PM or sunset - whichever is earlier
- Please check our Events Page for events and closures.
must be worn by shooters and non-shooters
3. Posted Rules and Regulations
must be read and obeyed by all members and guests.
- Any caliber handgun or rifle UP TO 50 CALIBER
- No fully automatic firearms (machine guns).
- No firearms down range
- Muzzles must be pointed down range at all times.
- All firearms must be in safe condition.
- All loading and unloading of the firearms on the firing line only.
- Shotguns are only allowed on positions 1 and 2
- Paper – wooden target frames used to hold the paper targets are to be placed in
the wooden frame holders behind low-lying berms
- Target should be placed only at prescribed positions.
- No cans, bottles, rocks, bowling pins, water bottles, exploding targets, etc.
- No targets are to be hung from the baffle system or posts*.
- No ground shooting.
- No Sky Range – A system of baffles and posts designed so the shooter from the bench cannot see the sky when aiming down range, designed to mitigate the risk of bullets leaving the range. See picture at top of page.
7. Range lights – Cease Fire
- Six rounds maximum will be loaded at one time.
- No armor piercing or tracer rounds.
- Range lights must be ON when anyone is down range.
- Each person going down range must flip a switch and turn it off upon returning to
- the firing line.
- When lights are ON, all firearms will be unloaded with actions open and be placed
on the bench or in the rack.
- No one may handle firearms while lights are on.
9. Firing Rules
- Each member is allowed two guests at one time and is responsible for supervising his/her guest(s) at all times. The guest’s fee $3 (three dollars) per guest. Deposit guest fee in box on range.
- No rapid fire, fast draw, hipshot, or firing across positions.
are the responsibility of the adult member.
11. Club ID
must be presented to any member requesting it while on the range.
12. Video surveillance
for your and the club's protection is recording 24/7
Violations of these rules will lead to disciplinary action by the board of directors
with possible expulsion from the Club
Please visit our Action Shoot Page
and Action Shoot Forum