Marshfield
Rod & Gun Club

Welcome to the Marshfield Rod & Gun Club! 

The Marshfield Rod & Gun Club, founded in 1930, is situated on approximately one hundred acres of unspoiled upland woods. The grounds are crisscrossed by perimeter fencing which provides a safe zone for various activities on the club grounds. In the center of our grounds a four acre pond provides a place to fish or train field dogs. Wildlife covers the entire property ranging from whitetail deer to wood ducks. Winter months provide a change of pace for members who may wish to cross country ski our trails or ice fish the pond.

The purpose of the Marshfield Rod & Gun Club is to promote and foster good sportsmanship, to educate the sportsmen of tomorrow in the safe handling of firearms through safety courses, to influence the proper protection, propagation and distribution of fish and game, to conserve and preserve our natural resources.

The General Membership Meeting is held on the second Wednesday of each month starting at 8 p.m. The Board of Directors meet at 8 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month. These meetings are open to all members.   

Special Events
  • Family Outings, Specialty Archery and Firearms Shoots
  • Fishing Derbies - Adult and Children’s derbies are held year round in our stocked pond
  • State Archery Meets
  • National Field Archery Assoc. and Mass. Field Archery Assoc.




Membership Requirements

Membership is open to adults, families and juniors. Please visit our membership page for more information.

The following information was taken from the book Marshfield A Town of Villages 1640-1900 by authors Cynthia Hagar Krusell and Betty Mangoun Bates.

Marshfield
A Town of Villages 1640-1900


The Marshfield Rod and Gun Club was started in the late 1920's by a group of men interested in hunting and fishing. For a while they met in the old Marshfield Fire Station No. 3 on South River Street. They used a field located off Parsonage Street near the present town barn for skeet shooting. The group was incorporated in August 1930. After World War II, about 1947, the club conducted a membership drive and a letter sent to local residents who held a hunting or fishing license. In the early 1950s the club bought the land from Fred Hall of School Street and purchased some adjacent land from the town. Later, Helen Hall gave the Rod and Gun Club additional land. Today the club owns about one hundred acres, including some land in the Green Harbor River Valley. The clubhouse was built in 1952 and an addition added in 1960. The brook was dammed up and the pond dug in 1953 and 1954.







FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE

January 24, 2015 8:00 AM • MRGC 300 School Street Marshfield MA
February 28, 2015 8:00 AM • MRGC 300 School Street Marshfield MA

Upcoming events

December 01, 2014 7:00 PM • MRGC Indoor Range
December 02, 2014 7:00 PM • Indoor Range (range closed during the practice)
December 10, 2014 8:00 PM • MRGC
December 12, 2014 5:00 PM • Archery Range
December 13, 2014 4:00 PM • MRGC Clubhouse
December 14, 2014 9:00 AM • Main range.

MRGC News

November 07, 2014 7:39 AM • John Barilaro
August 01, 2013 1:01 PM • John Barilaro
January 31, 2013 8:15 PM • Anonymous
February 10, 2012 8:37 AM • Anonymous
February 09, 2012 9:09 AM • Anonymous









Copyright ©  2002-14  Marshfield Rod and Gun Club, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Duplication of site content without the clubs written permission is prohibited.
Contact MRGC Webmaster mrgcweb@gmail.com

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software